Historical Inaccuracies of Reiki with Frans Stiene Podcast
Jennifer Thibodeau, a Reiki student living in Japan, interviews Frans Stiene. This unique interview asks the co-founder of The Reiki Show and the International House of Reiki about some of the inaccuracies regarding the system of Reiki.
Frans was born in Holland and first studied the system of Reiki in Nepal in 1997. Together, he and his wife, Bronwen, began a Reiki centre in Darjeeling, India and in 1999 moved to Australia where they continue to teach. Their interest in the early teachings of Usui, the founder of the system of Reiki, has lead to their fifth book coming out next year and Frans teaching Usui Reiki Ryoho regularly in the USA and Europe.
In this interview Frans answers many of these questions:
- What are some of the inaccuracies regarding the system of Reiki?
- Did Mrs Takata teach the system of Reiki?
- Should the system change with the times?
- Is there a solid foundation to the system of Reiki?
- What does it mean to use the term "Reiki Master?"
- How did students practice in Usui Mikao's times?
- What were the Western reactions to historical updates?
- Why have people created new histories for the system of Reiki?
- How do we stop confusing the general public about the system of Reiki?
- Are analogies useful teaching tools?
- What should or shouldn't be called "Usui's teachings"?
- How do we fully understand a practice?
- Where will the system of Reiki be in 30 years time?
Frans is the co-author of these books: A-Z of Reiki Pocketbook, Reiki Techniques Card Deck and Booklet, The Japanese Art of Reiki, The Reiki Sourcebook, and Your Reiki Treatment.